Monday, January 24, 2011

Full Spectrum Doula Network . org

Laurel Ripple Carpenter reached out and invited me to join the Full Spectrum Doula Network while I was in Australia.  It was so enticing to have a potential community of radically minded doulas come together in a virtual space.  It's something that I had been developing on my own, mostly of Facebook, and in my head.  I was so happy to see it come to life.  Here we are able to find doulas doing prison births, queer allies, transmen doing birthwork, abortion support- just a complete range of leftist, anarchist, women of color, gender non-conforming folks out to connect and build.

It's been a welcoming forum for me where I've been able to share my real life approaches to empowering folks through feminist anatomy education, d.i.y. abortion, self-exam, and networking.  People at FSDN are interested in hands on ways to cause revolution of the mind, body and spirit.  Collectively we are sharing our resources and networking on a national level.  Never before has there been a way to connect in such a concise and purposeful manner.  To me it's part of the shift in feminism where abortion and birth rights are finally one in the same.  Finally, we are manifesting real reproductive justice and putting feminism into motion.

No comments:

Post a Comment